BioNTech is pioneering the development of individualized therapies for cancer and other diseases. We have the tools to develop individualized immunotherapy solutions under one roof – from diagnostics and drug development to manufacturing. The cutting-edge technologies that we are developing include individualized mRNA-based medicines, innovative chimeric antigen receptors and T-cell receptor-based treatments, and novel checkpoint immuno-modulators. BioNTech wants to become the world’s leading biotechnology company for individualized cancer medicine and has grown rapidly to more than 1000 employees.
Medical Writer* / Senior Medical Writer*
Here, you’ll achieve greatness.As a Medical Writer/Senior Medical Writer, you will assure the timely generation of high-quality regulatory documents required for the development of novel immunotherapeutic agents from discovery up until marketing approval. You will be part of an international scientific/medical writing team that proactively supports a range of experts in research, non-clinical, and clinical.
The position holder will work on site at our headquarters in Mainz near Frankfurt (Germany), but some home office work will also be possible. We offer a competitive package, flexible hours, generous holiday allowance, personal development, and an innovative environment where the person counts.
- Write, edit, and format a wide range of regulatory documents required for non-clinical, and clinical development according to standard procedures
- Prepare/edit posters and publications
- Coordinate the document preparation, review, and approval process
- Check and (if required) revise documents with regard to content, completeness, consistency, and standards compliance
- As Senior Medical Writer, you will also manage the generation of packages of documents (e.g., for regulatory dossiers) by multifunctional teams of scientific/medical writing staff and/or external service providers
- As Senior Medical Writer, you will provide training and guidance on good writing practices and the structure/format requirements for regulatory documents/dossiers
What you have to offer.
- A relevant life science university degree, ideally M.D. or Pharm. D. or a Ph.D.
- Ideally, a background knowledge in immunology or oncology
- >2 years (Senior >5 years) hands-on experience as medical writer in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry
- Ability to interpret and summarize scientific results in a clear and concise manner
- Native-level written and spoken English, German skills would be advantageous
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and time management ability
- A ‘can do’ attitude with the ability to work according to tight timelines and to prioritize workload, whilst concentrating on delivery and adding value
- Expert MS Office applications (Word, Powerpoint, Excel) skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including motivational and conflict Resolution
Benefits for you.
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?Please send us your application in English outlining your suitability for the role. Friederike Mangelsen will be happy to answer any further questions you may have at + 49 (0) 6131-9084-1291 (Monday-Friday, from 12 noon).
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race, religion, color, origin, sexual orientation, disability, age and other protected status as required by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
BioNTech - As unique as you