- BioNTech Careers
- Senior, very experienced
- Executive Top Management
- Production, manufacturing
We are a global immunotherapy company. Our 3,000+ colleagues globally are committed to improving the health of people worldwide with our fundamental research utilizing the full potential of the immune system to fight cancer, infectious diseases and other serious diseases. We leveraged our mRNA technology to develop a COVID-19 vaccine which became the first mRNA drug approved for human use.
What we do with the BioNTainers:
We want to improve healthcare by making our innovations accessible worldwide. Therefore, we developed the first modular mRNA-manufacturing facilities based on a container solution called “BioNTainers”. The aim is to build a regional manufacturing network in Africa, with Africa, for Africa.
Why we need you:
The BioNTainers will be equipped to produce a range of mRNA-based vaccines targeted towards the needs of African Union member states. You will become part of the regional staffing team, driving the establishment of the regional African end-to-end mRNA manufacturing network.
manufacturing operations and shift groups for commercial mRNA vaccine production in
Rwanda, with the objective of ensuring a reliable production process. You are also the
point of contact for subject matter issues for our production teams and a central interface to
Your main responsibilities are:
- Close collaboration with global manufacturing and BIC to ensure that work packages
are defined acc. To the global standard and GMP-compliant
- Definition of work packages for the different areas of responsibility in line with GMP
- Support hiring process of local manufacturing team.
- Leads, motivates, and develops assigned direct reports in accordance with company
leadership principles (such as conducting job interviews and subject matter decisions
for new hires).
- Independently defines and implements the objectives and work packages defined for
the assigned area of responsibility, while observing governing GMP guidelines.
- Operationally implements the production plan (coordinates the shop floor workflow, for
example with planners, QA, Engineering, SCM and Logistics, prioritizes, assigns
- Ensures robust and efficient manufacturing execution, focusing on productivity,
continuous improvement and line availability.
- Contact person and initiator of improvement and/or mitigation projects.
- Point of contact in conjunction with QA, investigations, improvement projects, and for
implementing process changes and preventative discrepancies in accordance with
- Creates a work environment that ensures compliance with GMP guidelines and occupational safety, as well as local safety ensuring legal work environment is followed and fully established.
What you have to offer.
- Completed vocational training as master craftsman or comparable professional experience
- 5 years of supervisory experience in commercial production of pharmaceutical active ingredients
- English fluent spoken and written
- High degree of conscientiousness, assertiveness, and diligence (documentation, order and cleanliness at the workstation)
- Sense of ownership and honesty (proactive handling of errors)
- Constructive, solution-oriented work habits, flexibility
- Subject matter know-how for active ingredient cleaning and operating single use systems
- SAP skills
Benefits & Compensation.
How to apply.
- Only applications sent via our online form shall be considered.
- Only Candidates with the right qualifications and relevant experience shall be shortlisted and
- Incomplete applications shall be rejected
- Please note that BioNTech will do a background check during the hiring process (criminal record certificate) in case you do not provide
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation or identity, disability, age and other protected statuses as given by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Most important – it’s a match!