Manager* Data Architect Commercial
Become a member of the BioNTech Family!
We aim to reduce the suffering of people with life-changing therapies by harnessing the potential of the immune system to develop novel therapies against cancer and infectious diseases. While doing so, we are guided by our three company values: united, innovative, passionate. Get in touch with us if you are looking to be a part of creating hope for a healthy future in many people's lives.
Manager* Data Architect Commercial
With the development and launch of our mRNA based vaccine BNT162b2 against COVID-19, BioNTech has established the commercial operations in Germany for the infectious disease business. We are committed to adapt to the changing situations and to heal more diseases with a mRNA based solution.
As a part of our Digital Commercial Team, you will enable crossfunctional teams to become a fully data driven customer powerhouse. This role will start in the German Team and will develop strategy and drive implementation of BNT’s commercial data model to enable global commercial digital strategy. The position is initially in the German team and will transition to the new global digital organization in the medium term. Therefore, this position must have a high degree of flexibility, agility as well as open mindset. This position will work closely together with the Commercial Data Champion as well as Lead Data Steward and report directly to the Director Digital Transformation.
- Ownership of architectural decisions related to data governance incl. definition of data storage, integration, and consumption as part of the overall architecture
- Translate overarching BNT data strategy and governance into a technical data domain concept incl. technical reflection of applicable policies (usage, principles, mechanisms).
- Consult and support data stewards and data champion in terms of “what can technically be done with data”
- Coordinate data modeling activities, manage data inventory and communicate with data catalog stakeholders
- Responsible for creation and management of conceptual and logical data models as well as mapping to physical data models
- Support the definition of data glossaries and dictionaries, manage metadata and data lineage.
What you have to offer.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Data Architect, Solution Architect, or similar role ideally in a regulated domain like life science & pharmaceutical industry
- Expert knowledge about database structure principles, basics of columnar and NoSQL database technologies and unstructured data as well as proficiency in data modeling and design, including SQL development or Python for ad-hoc data analysis
- Passionate about data with expert knowledge in established and emerging data management and reporting concepts as well as technologies like data lakes, data warehousing, data visualization and predictive analytics
- Practical experience as data engineer or conceptual experience as data architect in building and productionizing big data architectures, pipelines, and data sets in the cloud, preferably on AWS is a plus
- Strong communication skills especially ability to conceive and articulate the data architecture and technical solutions to various kind of (non-technical) stakeholders from different levels within the organization
- Willingness for relocations and flexibility for scope of work due to organizational ramp-up
- Out-of-the-Box thinker and very strong analytical and logical skills as well as operational/hands-on ability
- Fluent in German and English
Benefits for you.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Company Bike
- Leave Account
- Fitness Courses
- Mobile Office
- Special Vacation
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?
If you have any further questions, our Talent Acquisition Team will be happy to answer them on + 49 (0) 6131-9084-1291 (monday-friday, from 12 noon to 4 pm).
Job-ID 6902 (please indicate for inquiries)
We look forward to your application!
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation or identity, disability, age and other protected statuses as given by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Most important – it’s a match!
BioNTech - As unique as you