Head* of Quality Assurance
- BioNTech Careers
- Senior, very experienced
- Manager First Level
- Executive Middle Management
- Quality Management, Quality Assurance
We are a global immunotherapy company. Our 3,000+ colleagues globally are committed to improving the health of people worldwide with our fundamental research utilizing the full potential of the immune system to fight cancer, infectious diseases and other serious diseases. We leveraged our mRNA technology to develop a COVID-19 vaccine which became the first mRNA drug approved for human use.
What we do with the BioNTainers:
We want to improve healthcare by making our innovations accessible worldwide. Therefore, we developed the first modular mRNA-manufacturing facilities based on a container solution called “BioNTainers”. The aim is to build a regional manufacturing network in Africa, with Africa, for Africa.
Why we need you:
The BioNTainers will be equipped to produce a range of mRNA-based vaccines targeted towards the needs of African Union member states. You will become part of the regional staffing team, driving the establishment of the regional African end-to-end mRNA manufacturing network.
Head* Quality Assurance Rwanda
teams. Within this important position, you are responsible to establish and maintain a Qual-
ity mindset of the organization, preserve compliance with national and international regula-
tions. This is achieved within the framework of regulatory compliance and operating within
established high BioNTech standards of Quality under GM
Your main responsibilities are:
- Close collaboration with the global BioNTech Quality organization to ensure all GMP
relevant regulations and rules are followed in Rwanda
- Build, maintain and develop a team of Quality (QA and releasing function) experts
- Ensure that the globally defined pharmaceutical Quality system is implemented and
- Represent the BioNTech Rwanda Quality Assurance organization to internal (local and global) and external stakeholders; including support of shaping of local
- Ensure a fit-for-purpose Quality Assurance organization in Rwanda including
- Efficiently manages all site Quality Assurance resource allocation
- Anticipating and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders including health
- Leading team leads from Quality Assurance and Product Release
- Enable compliant solutions for Quality related questions
What you have to offer.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant scientific discipline additional qualifications (MSc, PhD, MBA) are advantageous
- +10 years significative experience within the pharmaceutical industry
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) is essential
- Working knowledge of relevant regulations
- Strong solution driven mindset
- Ability to work across multiple business functions to build consensus
- Experience leading team/budget
- Experience in hosting inspections and collaborating with national or international regulatory agencies
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to conceptualize, analyze, plan and manage in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to be agile and effectively collaborate in a dynamic, cross-functional environment
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity and rapid growth and adapt to change
Benefits & Compensation.
How to apply.
- Only applications sent via our online form shall be considered.
- Only Candidates with the right qualifications and relevant experience shall be shortlisted and
- Incomplete applications shall be rejected.
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation or identity, disability, age and other protected statuses as given by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Most important – it’s a match!