Head* Supply Chain
- BioNTech Careers
Become a member of the BioNTech Family!
We aim to reduce the suffering of people with life-changing therapies by harnessing the potential of the immune system to develop novel therapies against cancer and infectious diseases. While doing so, we are guided by our three company values: united, innovative, passionate. Get in touch with us if you are looking to be a part of creating hope for a healthy future in many people's lives.
Head* Supply Chain
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Monitor supply performance (service level, allocation fulfillment, inventory level targets for longer term; resolution of short-term supply issues requiring above site support)
- Serve as primary point of escalation for challenges
- Ensure continuous improvement of S&OP process
- Develop and manage supplier network while executing on cost strategy
- Schedule, capacity and supply planning to meet BioNTech’s production demand
- Evaluate technical and business risks using data-based analysis and develop risk mitigation alternatives
- Coordinate supply chain activity across sub teams (Launch Readiness, Regulatory/Supply tracking, procurement, intercompany buy/sell)
- Ensure release process transparency
- Successfully run management reporting, standards implementation, and continuous improvement (creation and implementation) of the supply chain departments' activities
- Define and maintain communication lines with operations network focusing on External Supply Organization, internal production sites, Procurement, Commercial and Quality as well as external partners
- Develop our people based on their unique potential (e.g., defining career paths) and create the necessary technical support (e.g., define training requirements and technical content)
- Manage supply chain governance
What you have to offer.
- University degree in (Life) Science, Business Administration, Engineering or a medical field
- Minimum ten years supply chain management experience in a multi-plant, international business environment with functional experience leading a global Supply Chain organization of a Pharma or Consumer Goods company
- Responsibility in former positions for running complex supply chain planning and S&OP processes
- Profound knowledge of transforming business and planning process requirements into technical process requirements
- Proven managerial leadership of professionals and/or in leading cross-functional teams, and respective leadership skills
- Effective collaboration, coordination and stakeholder management skills, both in cross-functional internal and external matrix team environment
- Good combination of strategic and operational skills; ability to take flexible, but thorough decisions in a highly dynamic environment
- Ability to work and influence across hierarchical and functional lines
- Strong project management and organizational skills, creativity and the ability to develop a flexible approach to changing conditions
- Experience with ERP and SCM planning systems (e.g., SAP APO, Kinaxis, IBP, Oracle, etc.) desirable
- APIC and/or other certification desirable
- Strong problem-solving mindset and can-do attitude
- Advanced language skills in both German and English; presentation skills adaptable to all levels of internal and external stakeholders
- Willingness to travel to domestic and international destinations is required
Benefits for you.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Company Bike
- Leave Account
- Fitness Courses
- Mobile Office
- Special Vacation
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?
If you have any further questions, our Talent Acquisition Team will be happy to answer them on + 49 (0) 6131-9084-1291 (monday-friday, from 12 noon to 4 pm).
Job-ID 5294 (please indicate for inquiries)
We look forward to your application!
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation or identity, disability, age and other protected statuses as given by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Most important – it’s a match!
BioNTech - As unique as you