- Gaithersburg, Maryland
- Work experience
- Production, manufacturing
BioNTech is a Germany-based biotechnology company with U.S. offices in Cambridge, MA and Gaithersburg, MD, that focuses on developing cancer therapeutics, including individualized immunotherapy, as well as vaccines for infectious diseases, including COVID-19. The company's oncology pipeline contains several classes of drugs, including mRNA-based drugs to encode antigens, neoantigens, cytokines, and antibodies; cell therapies; bispecific antibodies; and small-molecule immunomodulators. BioNTech is partnered with several large pharmaceutical companies, including Roche, Eli Lilly, Pfizer, Sanofi, and Genmab. Comirnaty (COVID-19 vaccine) is its first commercialized product.
BioNTech is seeking a highly-motivated Facilities Technician to perform preventive and corrective maintenance HVAC and Electrical and utility equipment in support to a Clinical Manufacturing, Product Development and Research facility. Extensive Knowledge of utility and facilities equipment such HVAC air handlers, refrigeration, cold rooms, chillers, cooling towers, pumps & drives, heat exchangers, air compressors, hot water package units, RODI, WFI, Clean steam, chemical or water pretreatment equipment operation and maintenance. Familiar with NEC and local electrical codes and electrical equipment such as: electrical switchgear, power distribution equipment and emergency generator. Be able to assess and repair problems to critical utility systems to prevent impact to operations.
Here, you’ll achieve greatness.
- Capable of performing work in one or more of the following trades, mechanical, pipefitting, HVAC/refrigeration, electrical or plumbing.
- Additional basic functions:
- Ability to use basic hand tools
- Must be able to read, write and utilize drawings, mathematics, and handbook formulas.
- Read mechanical schematics and piping diagrams P&ID’s
- Read Electrical schematics and single line diagram
- Must be able to work in a clean room environment
What you have to offer.
- Minimum requirements; High School Diploma or GED, with 3 plus years relevant experience or 5 years of job-related experience.
- Must possess basic computer skills
- Must have ability to communicate both orally and written in a clean manner
- Ability to:
- Apply common sense, understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written and oral instructions.
- Deal with problem involving a few concrete variables in a standardize situations.
- Work with minimal supervision. Work may be done without establish procedures.
- To read, understand and work from Standard Operating Procedures, OEM Manuals, P&ID’s, electrical and piping schematics.
- Self-managed, self-starter, detailed oriented and be able to complete any required (GxP) documentation in a timely manner, including logbooks, log sheets and work orders
Preferred requirements; Associates Degree, experience in life sciences.
Benefits for you.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, AD&D, STD and LTD Insurance
- HRA & FSA Spending Accounts
- Health & Wellness, including free onsite gym access
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance
- Vacation and Unlimited Sick Time
- Holidays and Floating Holidays, including discretionary winter shutdown
- 401(K) Plan with Significant Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
- Commuting Assistance and free onsite parking
- Discounted Home and Auto Insurance
- Pet Insurance
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?
For those who require assistance due to disability, or have questions prior to applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation or identity, disability, age and other protected statuses as given by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Most important – it’s a match!