Facilities Planner / Scheduler*
- Gaithersburg, Maryland
- Work experience
- Production, manufacturing
Facilities Planner / Scheduler*
BioNTech is a Germany-based biotechnology company with U.S. offices in Cambridge, MA and Gaithersburg, MD, that focuses on developing cancer therapeutics, including individualized immunotherapy, as well as vaccines for infectious diseases, including COVID-19. The company's oncology pipeline contains several classes of drugs, including mRNA-based drugs to encode antigens, neoantigens, cytokines, and antibodies; cell therapies; bispecific antibodies; and small-molecule immunomodulators. BioNTech is partnered with several large pharmaceutical companies, including Roche, Eli Lilly, Pfizer, Sanofi, and Genmab. Comirnaty (COVID-19 vaccine) is its first commercialized product.
BioNTech is seeking a highly-motivated Facilities Planner / Scheduler to join our growing facilities team at our state of the art facility in Gaithersburg. In this new position you will be responsible for; support departmental activities in regard to overseeing the proper utilization of a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to ensure proper planning and scheduling of tasks, project and purchasing activities. Responsible of reporting department metrics and coordinate maintenance and calibration activities with Manufacturing and Laboratories Operation.
Here, you’ll achieve greatness.
Managing maintenance planning and scheduling using Microsoft Project
- Utilizing CMMS
- Maintaining equipment and system data files
- Providing inspection ready records
- Ability to always adhere closely to all company Standard Operating Procedures, adhere to schedules, interface in a constructive manner with associates, peers and managers.
- Working in a fast-paced environment and be well organized.
- Filing of Maintenance or Calibration generated documentation
- Perform routine calibrations, preventive maintenance and repairs to instruments systems and components of laboratory equipment, production equipment, central utilities and building management systems in support to a Clinical Manufacturing, Product Development and Research facilities.
- Actively participates in scheduling meetings with operations partners to finalize priority of work orders, optimum downtime windows, and necessary lead times to minimize operations disruptions.
What you have to offer.
- Minimum requirements; High School Diploma or GED, with 3 plus years relevant experience or 5 years of job-related experience
- At a minimum, 5-year experience in a GMP facility with experience in inventory control, record keeping and filing, project management, maintenance planning and scheduling.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of and ability to use Computerized Maintenance and Calibration Management Systems
- Previous experience working in highly regulated manufacturing environments desirable.
- Demonstrates extensive understanding and application of maintenance principles, concepts, and practices, and standards.
- Demonstrates proficiency in current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and safety regulations.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to:
- Apply common sense, understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written and oral instructions.
- Deal with problem involving a few concrete variables in a standardize situations.
- To read, understand and work from Standard Operating Procedures, OEM Manuals, P&ID’s, electrical and piping schematics.
- Self-managed, self-starter, detailed oriented and be able to complete any required (GxP) documentation in a timely manner, including logbooks, log sheets and work orders
Preferred requirements; Associates Degree, experience in life sciences.
Benefits for you.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, AD&D, STD and LTD Insurance
- HRA & FSA Spending Accounts
- Health & Wellness, including free onsite gym access
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance
- Vacation and Unlimited Sick Time
- Holidays and Floating Holidays, including discretionary winter shutdown
- 401(K) Plan with Significant Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
- Commuting Assistance and free onsite parking
- Discounted Home and Auto Insurance
- Pet Insurance
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?
For those who require assistance due to disability, or have questions prior to applying, please email email@example.com.
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation or identity, disability, age and other protected statuses as given by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Most important – it’s a match!