Director, Site Supply Chain Operations*
- Gaithersburg, Maryland
- Work experience
- Purchasing, Materials Management, Logistics
Director, Site Supply Chain Operations*
BioNTech US serves as BioNTech’s North American headquarters and is an important part of our global effort to pioneer the development of next-generation immuno-oncology therapies. BioNTech US is a fully integrated subsidiary with a strong foundation in Europe and a focus on the development of novel neoantigen-targeted T cell therapies, complementing BioNTech’s highly innovative scientific approach and diversified pipeline of transformative cancer medicines. As a key research and clinical development hub, BioNTech US will enable BioNTech’s growing presence in the US.
BioNTech US is seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to build and head the site supply chain function and capabilities for BioNTech Gaithersburg Cell Therapy R&D and GMP Clinical Manufacturing operations. The candidate will be responsible for all supply chain activities at the site including Supply & Capacity Planning, Production Scheduling, Materials Management, Inventory Management, Direct Procurement, Warehousing, and Logistics.
The Director, Site Supply Chain Operations is an active member of BioNTech’s Gaithersburg Leadership Team (GLT) and will interact with internal stakeholders at the site, regionally and globally to develop standard processes, systems, and ways of working to drive operational efficiency and on time supply of cell therapies to patients. The Site Supply Chain Operations function will drive end to end integrated planning and coordination of manufacturing, testing, and Quality release of cell therapies. In addition, this function will support R&D operations as required.
Here, you’ll achieve greatness.
This role is responsible for all supply chain activities at the site including Supply & Capacity Planning, Production Scheduling, Materials Management, Inventory Management, Direct Procurement, Warehousing, and Logistics
- Drives cross-functional collaboration and integrated planning and coordination with Manufacturing, QC, Facilities & Engineering, and QA for on-time supply and for achieving site objectives
- Works with Regional and Global Supply Chain organizations on clinical demand and supply planning and develops site level requirements to ensure objectives are delivered
- Develops production planning and scheduling processes in support of cell therapy supply
- Procurement of materials and consumables used in the manufacturing of products per BOM, manages inventory levels to target coverage and minimize materials obsolescence
- Drives materials management excellence in support of manufacturing and R&D operations
- Develops and manages internal and external warehousing and logistic operations for the site including shipping and receiving
- Supports capacity modeling to create flexibility and agility for capacity utilization for multiple products
- Develops value stream management tools for identification and delivery of continuous improvement opportunities
- Maintain standard operating procedures and work instructions (process flow diagrams and instructional guides)
- Develop and monitor KPI’s to ensure effective site operations
- Leads site level business continuity planning for securing supply to the clinic
- Manages risk and loss prevention
- Develops site level SAP knowledge base and ensures master data is maintained to facilitate efficient site planning and scheduling. Supports supply chain business process enhancements.
- Ensure that the site supply chain operations organization meets all regulatory and internal compliance requirements including cGMP, safety, environmental, transportation, transportation security, import export, and finance (SOX compliance)
What you have to offer.
- Minimum requirements; Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Business, Life Sciences or related discipline required. 10 plus years of Biopharmaceutical industry experience in roles of increased leadership and responsibility in biologics supply chain and manufacturing operations.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams and leading and managing in a complex environment
- Possesses an understanding of key internal and external customers and functional areas, including demand management, clinical supply operations, and an in-depth understanding of manufacturing, planning, distribution, demand creation, financial process, and their interdependencies.
- Knowledgeable in financial and operational measures such as customer service KPIs, inventory DOH, cash flow measurement, and COGS
- Excellent knowledge of computerized production and inventory control systems. SAP experience required.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills in dealing with all levels of management, having the ability to influence other team members at all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical, organizational, problem solving and project management
- Willingness to think outside of the box and adapt best practices in a constantly evolving environment. Pro-actives and hands on leader. Passion to build organizations, processes, systems and people.
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership and accountability in areas of responsibility
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- High proficiency in desktop software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio); familiarity with advanced software tools preferred (i.e. PowerBI, Qlikview, APO, BINOCS)
- Experience with systems used in GMP operations (i.e. Document Management)
Benefits for you.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, AD&D, STD and LTD Insurance
- HSA & FSA Spending Accounts
- Health & Wellness, including free onsite gym access
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance
- Vacation and Unlimited Sick Time
- Holidays and Floating Holidays, including discretionary winter shutdown
- 401(K) Plan with Significant Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
- Commuting Assistance and free onsite parking
- Discounted Home and Auto Insurance
- Pet Insurance
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?
For those who require assistance due to disability, or have questions prior to applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation or identity, disability, age and other protected statuses as given by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Most important – it’s a match!