Director* Procurement Operations
- Work experience
- Purchasing, Materials Management, Logistics
Become a member of the BioNTech Family!
We aim to reduce the suffering of people with life-changing therapies by harnessing the potential of the immune system to develop novel therapies against cancer and infectious diseases. While doing so, we are guided by our three company values: united, innovative, passionate. Get in touch with us if you are looking to be a part of creating hope for a healthy future in many people's lives.
Director* Procurement Operations
- Plans, directs, and co-ordinates ProcOps specialists, administrators and local representatives to execute tasks
- Supports the team leaders in translating requirements into operational plans and leadership exercise
- Integrates different sites by managing local procurement representatives across geographies
- Determines and oversees the departments’ economics, including costs, operational budgets, staffing requirements, resources and risk
- Ensuring appropriate and effective workflows, supported by comprehensive reporting to procurement leadership (e.g., measured by customer satisfaction)
- Evaluates changes to programs and projects management practices and initiates improvement to organization practices, constantly integrating process compliance
- Identifies opportunities for ProcOps transformation or organizational evolution, aligned to the operational and business strategy
- Constantly communicates with the process automation department in ProcEx for various automation potential
What you have to offer.
- Bachelor in business studies/engineering or vocational training with a focus on procurement and further constant training in project management skills
- 10+ years professional expertise in various operational procurement or supply chain roles
- 5+ years leadership experience in diverse and large teams with operational procurement or supply chain topics
- Profound knowledge of procurement and interface processes in various geographies
- Proven track record of successful internal stakeholder and supplier relationship management
- Strong knowledge of and experience with ERP Systems, such as SAP as well as S2P systems, such as Ariba, Coupa
- Capability to organize the process workflows efficiently, identifying down-times and automation potential
- Ability to effortlessly switch gears from big picture for the department to detailed view on manual / digital process steps
- Ability to lead various individuals of different professional backgrounds and expertise levels, with resilience to constantly changing work environment
- Assertive with the confidence to be a voice of authority – eager to do what is best for the team and openness to explore new topics/trends
- High-energy and passionate outlook to the role and can influence those around them
- Ability to build a sense of trust and rapport that creates a comfortable and effective workplace
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills and German language skill are an add-on
Benefits for you.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Company Bike
- Leave Account
- Fitness Courses
- Mobile Office
- Special Vacation
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?
If you have any further questions, our Talent Acquisition Team will be happy to answer them on + 49 (0) 6131-9084-1291 (monday-friday, from 12 noon to 4 pm).
Job-ID 7402 (please indicate for inquiries)
We look forward to your application!
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation or identity, disability, age and other protected statuses as given by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Most important – it’s a match!
BioNTech - As unique as you