Director* IT Data Governance
- BioNTech Careers
Become a member of the BioNTech Family!
We aim to reduce the suffering of people with life-changing therapies by harnessing the potential of the immune system to develop novel therapies against cancer and infectious diseases. While doing so, we are guided by our three company values: united, innovative, passionate. Get in touch with us if you are looking to be a part of creating hope for a healthy future in many people's lives.
Director* IT Data Governance
- Responsible for implementing the overarching BNT data vision and data strategy in close alignment with the Senior Director Data Value Office, the data analytics platform tribes and to operationalize guiding data principles and overarching guardrails for data governance (e.g., data access, data tagging, data quality)
- Implement guidelines for cross-functional data analytics and support the establishment of end-to-end data value chains for data-driven decision making
- Support enterprise-level decisions on critical data questions and coordinate common data topics, e.g., follow market trends on data, be Point of Contact for data catalog related questions, or consult Data Stewards on data quality standards
- Support the implementation of a communication plan for the data vision & strategy, guiding principles and upcoming internal data-events and organize campaigns to establish a data-culture
- Act as key contact for data domain teams regarding data principles, guardrails and cross-domain challenges
What you have to offer.
- University degree in, e.g., computer science, engineering, and/or business administration or other relevant area
- At least 3 years of professional experience in data-related fields
- Demonstrated experience in data infrastructure solution design and management (e.g., databases, data warehousing and data intelligence/analytics)
- Experience with the typical data governance toolchain (e.g., data catalog, data lineage)
- Experience with big data processing systems is a plus (e.g., Hadoop, Hive, Cassandra, Play, Mesos, Spark, Kafka)
- Experience in designing and/or working with organization-wide data platforms to make data available across large organizations
- Strong communication skills with ability to present technical complex decisions to senior management
- Pharma background or related work experience in the pharmaceutical industry is a plus
Benefits for you.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Company Bike
- Leave Account
- Fitness Courses
- Mobile Office
- Special Vacation
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?
If you have any further questions, our Talent Acquisition Team will be happy to answer them on + 49 (0) 6131-9084-1291 (monday-friday, from 12 noon to 4 pm).
Job-ID 7097 (please indicate for inquiries)
We look forward to your application!
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation or identity, disability, age and other protected statuses as given by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Most important – it’s a match!
BioNTech - As unique as you