Director, Engineering & Maintenance
- BioNTech Careers
- Manager First Level
- Production, manufacturing
Become a member of the BioNTech Family!
We aim to reduce the suffering of people with life-changing therapies by harnessing the potential of the immune system to develop novel therapies against cancer and infectious diseases. While doing so, we are guided by our three company values: united, innovative, passionate. Get in touch with us if you are looking to be a part of creating hope for a healthy future in many people's lives.
Director* Engineering & Maintenance
Your main responsibilities are:
- Close cooperation with Global Engineering department to set-up all relevant activities for Engineering
- Ensures detailed planning for production start (incl. documentation) are set-up GMP-compliant
- Set-up of implementation plan for the production start
- Hiring of local Engineering employees; Leads, motivates, and develops assigned direct reports in accordance with company leadership principles
- Leads overarching Engineering activities on local site
- Key interface to site head and global engineering department (provide working standards)
- Attains and implements objectives and tasks assigned by the Site head and global functional leadership, while also observing governing policies and instructions (in particular GMP and occupational safety)
- Conducts performance review meetings (objectives, objective attainment, feedback, etc.) and instructs/supervises direct report in all relevant processing steps
- Coordinates contractors that perform maintenance, calibration, and repair work
- Prepares work orders, tools, and spare parts, etc. for maintenance and repair work
- Identifies spare parts for maintenance and manage provisioning lists
- Manages maintenance/calibration work as subject matter expert
- Ensures that CMMS & SAP are always up to date after maintenance/calibration work is completed
What you have to offer.
- University degree in Chemical Engineering or Life Science; PhD in Biology, Biotechnology or Biochemistry.
Professional experience and skills:
- At least 5 years of engineering experience in the pharmaceutical industry; GMP-related experience is a must
- Leadership experience is desirable
- Strong industry network to equipment vendors etc
- Project management skills, including resource planning, budget control & quality
- High degree of process know-how for basic technical process operations
- English fluent spoken and written
- Strong leadership and excellent interpersonal skill
- Pronounced team & communication skills; Ability to be agile and effectively collaborate in a dynamic, cross-functional environment; Strong cross-cultural experience in leading position
- High degree of conscientiousness and diligence
- Constructive work habits, flexibility, solution orientation, job ownership, quality awareness, and very good planning and organizational skills in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter and learning capacity
- Constructive, solution-oriented work habits, flexibility
- Sense of ownership and honesty (proactive handling of errors)
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity and rapid growth and adapt to change
- Strong problem-solving skill and being able to work at start-up environment and manage ambiguity and operate effectively
- Strong ability to decision making
Benefits for you.
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?
Apply now and simply send us your application documents including Curriculum Vitae, copy of ID, copies of degree certificates and professional certificates, motivation letter as well as your contact details by using our online form.
- Only applications sent via our online form shall be considered.
- Only Candidates with the right qualifications and relevant experience shall be shortlisted and
- Incomplete applications shall be rejected.
- Please note that BioNTech will run a background check during the hiring process (criminal record certificate) in case you do not provide one.
We are looking forward receiving your application.
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation or identity, disability, age and other protected statuses as given by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Most important – it’s a match!