- Work experience
Become a member of the BioNTech Family!
We aim to reduce the suffering of people with life-changing therapies by harnessing the potential of the immune system to develop novel therapies against cancer and infectious diseases. While doing so, we are guided by our three company values: united, innovative, passionate. Get in touch with us if you are looking to be a part of creating hope for a healthy future in many people's lives.
As Data Engineer* you will be working together with other data management professionals, business representatives, data platform teams and source system owners. You will be part of a team responsible for data management for digital solutions along the manufacturing and supply chain value chain. Our mission is to enable innovation as well as stability by providing data access, data integration and data quality management.
You will be responsible for creating modular and scalable data pipelines. Your main tasks are:
- Define and implement integrated target data models that can be used by business data consumers
- Implement data pipelines loading data into the manufacturing data layer, from ingestion to data products
- Define, implement and monitor compliance to technical standards (for data)
- Advise on best practices for data ingestion
- Provide support in cleansing data
- Clarify, define and automate the harvesting of data lineage
- Support applications and platforms to enable effective data sharing
- Coordinate between business-driven data domain interests and source system representatives
What you have to offer.
- AWS Cloud Data Technologies (e.g., AWS S3, Glue, Athena, Redshift)
- DWH Modeling (e.g., Data Vault, Star Schema, 3NF)
- ETL using integration tools (e.g., Informatica, Airbyte, Microsoft SSIS, AWS Glue)
- ETL using Python and Airflow
- A good practical understanding of software development practices like refactoring, design patterns, CI/CD
- Ideally experience with using data modelling tools for reverse engineering and data model creation
- Knowledge of modern data lake or data warehousing automation concepts and the desire to apply such knowledge
- Experience working in regulated environments (e.g., GxP) is a plus
- Knowledge and Application of ISA 95/88 is a plus
- Presentation skills
- Languages: English, German is a plus.
Benefits for you.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Company Bike
- Leave Account
- Fitness Courses
- Mobile Office
- Special Vacation
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?
If you have any further questions, our Talent Acquisition Team will be happy to answer them on + 49 (0) 6131-9084-1291 (monday-friday, from 12 noon to 4 pm).
Job-ID 8237 (please indicate for inquiries)
We look forward to your application!
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation or identity, disability, age and other protected statuses as given by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Most important – it’s a match!
BioNTech - As unique as you