Cell Therapy Technician* (3 positions)
- Gaithersburg, Maryland
- Work experience
- Research, development, teaching
Cell Therapy Technician* (3 Positions)
This position is based in Gaithersburg, MD at our newly formed clinical manufacturing site for BioNTech US. Together with the BioNTech US North American Headquarters in Cambridge, MA, both the Gaithersburg and Cambridge sites are an important part of our global effort to pioneer the development of next-generation immuno-oncology therapies that expects to experience significant growth in the near future. BioNTech US is a subsidiary of BioNTech SE with a strong foundation in Europe and a focus on the development of novel neoantigen-targeted T cell therapies, complementing BioNTech’s highly innovative scientific approach and diversified pipeline of transformative cancer medicines. As a key research and clinical development hub, BioNTech US will enable BioNTech’s growing presence in the US.
We are seeking three Cell Therapy Technician's to join our team in support of our research and development team focused our manufacturing processes and efficiency.
Here, you’ll achieve greatness.
- Learn our Cell Therapy processes in a cGMP environment, learn our process/waste/material flows, and learn all equipment associated with Cell Therapy.
- Assist more experienced CTS’s with revising and writing SOP’s and Batch records.
- Completes required training assignments to maintain necessary technical skills and knowledge and to ensure compliance with cGMP requirements.
- Routinely monitors, cleans, prepares, and operates cell therapy manufacturing and support equipment in a clean room environment.
- Finds opportunities for improvement on the manufacturing floor from a Safety and Quality perspective.
- Perform other duties as might be required.
What you have to offer.
Minimum requirements; Associate degree which includes aseptic technique training or High School Degree with 1 plus year of aseptic experience. Willingness to learn aseptic processing and cell culture processing. Adhere to SOPs and cGMP regulations, with the ability to accurately complete documentation associated with GMP manufacturing. Organization Skills, and willingness to learn. Skills in Microsoft Office Suite. Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills that are essential in this collaborative work environment. Ability and willingness to work shifts.
Preferred requirements; 1 plus years of experience with a pharmaceutical or biotechnology. Experience with automated processing equipment.
Benefits for you.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, AD&D, STD and LTD Insurance
- HRA & FSA Spending Accounts
- Health & Wellness, including free onsite gym access
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance
- Vacation and Unlimited Sick Time
- Holidays and Floating Holidays, including discretionary winter shutdown
- 401(K) Plan with Significant Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
- Commuting Assistance and free onsite parking
- Discounted Home and Auto Insurance
- Pet Insurance
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?
For those who require assistance due to disability, or have questions prior to applying, please email email@example.com.
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation or identity, disability, age and other protected statuses as given by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Most important – it’s a match!