Everyone can achieve great things at BioNTech! We develop revolutionary approaches in the fight against cancer and other diseases. BioNTech wants to become the world’s leading biotechnology company for individualized cancer medicine. Over 1000 dedicated, passionate pioneers achieve sensational success and promising breakthroughs time and again by forging new paths – and ensure people all around the world have hope for the future. You too can become a pioneer!
Bioinformatician*/ Data Scientist*
Here, you’ll achieve greatness.Join our bioinformatics research team and enhance its knowledge. Your duties in detail:
- Application of data science methods within the realm of bioinformatics for the improvement of our treatments. Analyze data statistically and evaluate or construct (prediction) models
- Development and implementation of novel bioinformatics methods and analyses of bioinformatics data. These developments will enhance and innovate our pipelines
- Supporting our data management efforts for data science within our team
- Working collaboratively within the team as well as with other interdisciplinary and/or intercultural teams
What you have to offer.
- PhD (or a degree with at least 3 years of work experience) in bioinformatics or mathematics/physics or biological sciences. Curiosity and passion for research is important
- Good statistical knowledge to analyze data from medical/immunological wet lab processes. Machine learning expertise for modeling is advantageous
- Strong knowledge and experience in software development and in using version control. Experience in using bioinformatics and/or modeling tools, including such for analysis and Interpretation of high throughput data (e.g. NGS or MS) is advantageous
- Experience in data management and data science (knowledge in either Python, R, Java and/or Bash required)
- A deep understanding & demonstrated experience of immunological and molecular cancer processes is advantageous.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills as well as a good working knowledge of English. Enthusiastic and strong teamplayer, as well as being able to work independently.
Benefits for you.
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?Then apply now for our location Mainz and simply send us your application documents using our online form.
If you have any further questions, Johanna Malich will be happy to answer them on + 49 (0) 6131-9084-1291 (monday-friday, from 12 noon).
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race, religion, color, origin, sexual orientation, disability, age and other protected status as required by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
BioNTech - As unique as you