- Gaithersburg, Maryland
- Work experience
- Production, manufacturing
BioNTech is a Germany-based biotechnology company with U.S. offices in Cambridge, MA and Gaithersburg, MD, that focuses on developing cancer therapeutics, including individualized immunotherapy, as well as vaccines for infectious diseases, including COVID-19. The company's oncology pipeline contains several classes of drugs, including mRNA-based drugs to encode antigens, neoantigens, cytokines, and antibodies; cell therapies; bispecific antibodies; and small-molecule immunomodulators. BioNTech is partnered with several large pharmaceutical companies, including Roche, Eli Lilly, Pfizer, Sanofi, and Genmab. Comirnaty (COVID-19 vaccine) is its first commercialized product.
Here, you’ll achieve greatness.
- Locates and diagnoses failure, replaces defective components and performs basic troubleshooting using standard electronic equipment, detailed drawings, diagrams, sketches, specifications, prints, manuals and verbal and/or written instructions.
- Identifies issues and performs routine trouble shooting on Automation controls associated with the Equipment Monitoring and Building Management Systems.
- Works on problems of a routine to basic scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Exercises judgment within well-defined and established practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Maintain the Building Management System to ensure the facilities, equipment and environmental systems are within specified ranges and operating systems are functioning properly.
- Observes deviations from systems specifications and works with Facilities staff to correct or resolve these discrepancies. May assist in calibrating and fine‐tuning controls.
- Able to work safely in an environment containing hazardous chemicals, high and low temperature liquids, high pressure liquids and gasses, steam, and moving machinery.
- Able to work after hours and on call as needed; after hours support and scheduled shutdowns
- Assists with root cause analysis and the investigation of specification deviations.
- Complies with all safety regulations
What you have to offer.
- Knowledge of and ability to use Computerized Maintenance Management Systems
- Previous experience working in highly regulated manufacturing environments desirable.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to check, respond to, and troubleshoot Equipment Monitoring & Building Management Systems issues and alarms.
- Possesses a mechanical and electrical acumen including HVAC, Purified Water system, facilities utilities, P&ID’s, schematics, and equipment specifications is a must.
- Deal with problem involving a few concrete variables in a standardize situations.
- To read, understand and work from Standard Operating Procedures, OEM Manuals, Eng. Drawings, P&ID’s, handbook formulas, electrical and piping schematics.
- Self-managed, self-starter, detailed oriented and be able to complete any required (GxP) documentation in a timely manner, including logbooks, log sheets and work orders.
- Ability to use basic hand tools and utilize precision tools measuring instruments
- Must be able to work in a clean room environment
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2+ years’ experience in Maintenance OR
- AA Degree and 4+ years’ experience in Maintenance OR
- High School Degree and 5+ years’ experience in Maintenance
- 2-5 years of experience in Building Management Systems, HVAC automation controls, energy management systems, or other related experience.
- Exposure to operations involving engineering disciplines including Electrical, Mechanical, Process, Civil, Structural, Environmental, and Industrial.
- Able to prioritize multiple task/priorities and the ability to work under specific time constraints are required.
- Stand, walk, squat, bend, kneel, climb, and or reach for 75% of a shift.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities.
- Self-starter with superior analysis and problem-solving skills ranging from simple to complex situations.
- Be forward thinking the ability to work with system & technical metrics, identify variances & deficiencies while improving maintenance program and performance.
- Business travel may be required.
- Operational knowledge of Siemens Desigo CC
Benefits for you.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, AD&D, STD and LTD Insurance
- HRA & FSA Spending Accounts
- Health & Wellness, including free onsite gym access
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance
- Vacation and Unlimited Sick Time
- Holidays and Floating Holidays, including discretionary winter shutdown
- 401(K) Plan with Significant Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
- Commuting Assistance and free onsite parking
- Discounted Home and Auto Insurance
- Pet Insurance
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?
For those who require assistance due to disability, or have questions prior to applying, please email email@example.com.
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation or identity, disability, age and other protected statuses as given by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Most important – it’s a match!