Attorney - Litigation*
- Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Work experience
Attorney - Litigation*
Based in Cambridge, MA, BioNTech US serves as BioNTech’s North American headquarters and is an important part of our global effort to pioneer the development of next-generation immuno-oncology therapies. BioNTech US is a fully integrated subsidiary with a strong foundation in Europe and a focus on the development of novel neoantigen-targeted T cell therapies, complementing BioNTech’s highly innovative scientific approach and diversified pipeline of transformative cancer medicines. As a key research and clinical development hub, BioNTech US will enable BioNTech’s growing presence in the US.
We are seeking an; Attorney - Litigation, Associate Director level who will be a key member of the BioNTech global dispute resolution team and will generally be expected to support BioNTech colleagues across the company worldwide, including collaboration, licensing and research agreements (but not including IP matters). This attorney will provide strategic counsel and hands-on guidance for contentious matters, including management of outside counsel, and will draft and review various types of communications and filings. This position reports to the Senior Director Legal Litigation, Mainz, Germany which is globally responsible for all contentious matters (non-IP) at the BioNTech group. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing department and have a meaningful impact within a highly innovative organization.
Here, you’ll achieve greatness.
- Direct and manage a diverse range of dispute resolution actions, including pre-litigation/pre-arbitration dispute resolution, active litigation/arbitration, discovery/document production and other litigation requests and procedures.
- Review of pleadings and other court documents.
- Handling of subpoenas and other information requests and inquiries.
- Provide advise during negotiations (including jurisdiction and applicable law).
- Manage outside counsel on litigation/arbitration and related matters to efficiently manage all aspects of outside counsel relationship, including staffing, strategy, work product.
- Manage communication with internal stakeholders (in particular business development and alliances, research, clinical, finance) and bringing together relevant facts/documents.
- Assist in the management of public disclosures and publications, including assistance with drafting and managing SEC filings because BioNTech is a foreign private issuer.
- Continuously improve standard form agreements and legal processes.
What you have to offer.
- Experience of document disclosures (including e-discovery exercises).
- Practical, clear, creative and solution-oriented. Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Organized, responsible and detail-oriented. Capable of working independently and able to understand and incorporate legal guidance into work product.
- Team player with a strongly positive, can-do attitude. High degree of personal ethics, integrity and accountability.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and exercise sound business judgment with critical thinking skills.
Benefits for you.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, AD&D, STD and LTD Insurance
- HSA & FSA Spending Accounts
- Health & Wellness, including free onsite gym access
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance
- Vacation and Unlimited Sick Time
- Holidays and Floating Holidays, including discretionary winter shutdown
- 401(K) Plan with Significant Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
- Commuting Assistance and free onsite parking
- Discounted Home and Auto Insurance
- Pet Insurance
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?
For those who require assistance due to disability, or have questions prior to applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation or identity, disability, age and other protected statuses as given by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Most important – it’s a match!