- Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Work experience
- Research, development, teaching
This position is based in Gaithersburg, MD at our newly formed clinical manufacturing site for BioNTech US. Together with the BioNTech US North American Headquarters in Cambridge, MA, both the Gaithersburg and Cambridge sites are an important part of our global effort to pioneer the development of next-generation immuno-oncology therapies that expects to experience significant growth in the near future. BioNTech US is a subsidiary of BioNTech SE with a strong foundation in Europe and a focus on the development of novel neoantigen-targeted T cell therapies, complementing BioNTech’s highly innovative scientific approach and diversified pipeline of transformative cancer medicines. As a key research and clinical development hub, BioNTech US will enable BioNTech’s growing presence in the US.
Position is located in Gaithersburg, Maryland
We are seeking a self-motivated, detail-oriented Associate Scientist to join the Analytical Development (AD) team to enable process development, stability, and lot release testing and characterization of autologous cell therapy products. The AD team is responsible for developing and qualifying phase-appropriate analytical methods and supporting technology transfer from AD to QC. Team members participate in process and analytical method investigations, draft SOPs/MPRs, method development reports, qualification protocols, and training runs. The member must be comfortable working in a fast-paced work environment where workload and priorities may change. If you are excited about opportunities to work on a highly collaborative team to achieve mutual goals, this may be a good role for you. As part of our multi-disciplinary team, you will work closely and collaborate with other scientists in the group, as well as with other members within the research and clinical teams.
Here, you’ll achieve greatness.
- Design, develop, and perform analytical methods utilizing different molecular and/or immunology platforms (e.g. qPCR, ddPCR, ELISA, ELIspot, flow cytometry, and/or cell-based assays)
- Preparation, testing, and maintenance of cell banks and controls
- Transfer analytical methods to Quality Control
- Utilize quality by design (QbD), design of experiments (DOE), and statistical approaches to method development
- Maintain and troubleshoot instrumentation commonly utilized by the team
- Collaborate with both internal teams and external groups to advance scientific capabilities
- Analyze and present results within the team and to broader scientific groups
- Draft SOPs, reports, and presentations
- Maintain a high standard of experimentation and record keeping
- Work productively in a team environment and independently to deliver against timelines
What you have to offer.
- Minimum requirements; BS in Biology or related discipline with 5-10 years or MS in Biology or related discipline and 3 plus years of laboratory experience.
- Excellent aseptic technique is required
- Knowledge of multicolor flow cytometry and experience with protein-based assays (e.g. ELISA), molecular platforms (e.g. qPCR, ddPCR), and/or cell-based assays (Fluorescence, Luminescence) is required
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously to support pipeline is required
- Ability to independently design, conduct, and report experiments is required
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work well with others is required
- Good organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience using JMP or other statistical software is a plus
- Ability to lift 30 lb
Benefits for you.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, AD&D, STD and LTD Insurance
- HSA & FSA Spending Accounts
- Health & Wellness, including free onsite gym access
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance
- Vacation and Unlimited Sick Time
- Holidays and Floating Holidays, including discretionary winter shutdown
- 401(K) Plan with Significant Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
- Commuting Assistance and free onsite parking
- Discounted Home and Auto Insurance
- Pet Insurance
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?
For those who require assistance due to disability, or have questions prior to applying, please email email@example.com.
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation or identity, disability, age and other protected statuses as given by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Most important – it’s a match!