Associate Scientist, Translational Immunology*
- Cambridge (Boston)
- Work experience
- Research, development, teaching
Associate Scientist, Translational Immunology*
Based in Cambridge, MA, BioNTech US serves as BioNTech’s North American headquarters and is an important part of our global effort to pioneer the development of next-generation immuno-oncology therapies. BioNTech US is a fully integrated subsidiary with a strong foundation in Europe and a focus on the development of novel neoantigen-targeted T cell therapies, complementing BioNTech’s highly innovative scientific approach and diversified pipeline of transformative cancer medicines. As a key research and clinical development hub, BioNTech US will enable BioNTech’s growing presence in the US.
BioNTech US is seeking a highly motivated Associate Scientist, Translational Immunology to join our growing team. The Translational Immunology team’s key goals are to understand the impact of our cutting-edge immunotherapies on the patients in our clinical trials, study the biology to understand underlying mechanisms of response and resistance, to identify biomarkers and to establish the evidence for next generation treatments. If you are excited about opportunities to work independently and have project ownership, while working on a highly collaborative team to achieve mutual goals, this may be a good role for you. As part of our multi-disciplinary team, you will work closely and collaborate with other scientists in the group, as well as with other members within the research and clinical teams. A big part of your role will include working directly with clinical samples generated during BioNTech US trials to develop different immune monitoring assays and data.
Here, you’ll achieve greatness.
- Design, develop and perform immunological assays, including ELISpot, flow cytometry, florescence activated cell sorting, T cell-based assays, as well as NGS assays including gene expression, TCR sequencing and single-cell multi-omics assays
- Lead efforts to characterize immune cell populations from peripheral blood and tissue by developing and implementing novel immunological assays
- Collaborate with both internal research teams and external groups to advance translational immunology capabilities
- Analysis and presentation of results within the team and to broader scientific groups
- Maintain a high standard of experimentation and record keeping
- Work productively in a team environment and independently to deliver against timelines
- Train and supervise research associates to accomplish goals within designated timelines
What you have to offer.
- BS/MS in Immunology or related field with in-depth knowledge of immunology and immune-related assays
- Minimum of 5-8 years of relevant research experience in academic or industry setting
- Demonstrated experience in multi-color flow cytometry, and prior experience with fluorescent activated cell sorting is highly desired
- Strong background in molecular biology, including prior experience with library preparation for sequencing, RNA and DNA isolation from cells and tissue, and gene expression analysis is strongly preferred
- Prior experience with single-cell multi-omics assays is preferred, but not required
- Demonstrated experience with innovative assay development and proven ability to effectively troubleshoot and solve complex problems
- Ability to independently design, conduct, and report experiments
- Excellent organizational, communication skills, and attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience functioning within a multi-disciplinary team and ability to integrate cross-functional information, as well as work independently
Benefits for you.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, AD&D, STD and LTD Insurance
- HSA & FSA Spending Accounts
- Health & Wellness, including free onsite gym access
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance
- Vacation and Unlimited Sick Time
- Holidays and Floating Holidays, including discretionary winter shutdown
- 401(K) Plan with Significant Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
- Commuting Assistance and free onsite parking
- Discounted Home and Auto Insurance
- Pet Insurance
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?
For those who require assistance due to disability, or have questions prior to applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race, religion, color, origin, sexual orientation, disability, age and other protected status as required by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
BioNTech - As unique as you