Associate Scientist, T Cell Immunology, Process Development*
- Gaithersburg, Maryland
- Work experience
- Research, development, teaching
Associate Scientist I - T Cell Immunology, Process Development*
This position is based in Gaithersburg, MD at our newly formed clinical manufacturing site for BioNTech US. Together with the BioNTech US North American Headquarters in Cambridge, MA, both the Gaithersburg and Cambridge sites are an important part of our global effort to pioneer the development of next-generation immuno-oncology therapies that expects to experience significant growth in the near future. BioNTech US is a subsidiary of BioNTech SE with a strong foundation in Europe and a focus on the development of novel neoantigen-targeted T cell therapies, complementing BioNTech’s highly innovative scientific approach and diversified pipeline of transformative cancer medicines. As a key research and clinical development hub, BioNTech US will enable BioNTech’s growing presence in the US.
Here, you’ll achieve greatness.
- Take ownership of key parts of projects and contribute to developing technology platforms
- Work in a collaborative, cross-functional team to develop robust, scalable vector and T cell processes
- Plan and execute experimental work in development and optimization of upstream (cell culture and transfection conditions) and downstream (clarification, tangential flow filtration, chromatography) unit operations for viral vector production
- Plan and execute experimental work in development and optimization of T cell processes for T cell product production
- Support tech transfer from internal collaborators to manufacturing team
- Assist in the generation of next generation technologies and platforms for viral vector and T cell manufacturing
- Provide technical and scientific mentorship to junior staff
- Author technical reports, SOPs, and protocols
- Practice accurate and timely documentation of data and present to cross-functional teams
- Design, develop, characterize, and qualify cell production processes (includes cell processing, genetic modification, cell culture/expansion, harvest, cryopreservation, and stability studies)
- Analyze and present process results to both scientific and cross-functional teams
- Transfer developed processes to the Clinical Manufacturing team, including training of manufacturing personnel and review of batch record documentation
- Draft SOPs, reports, CMC sections, and supporting documents for regulatory filings
- Maintain and troubleshoot instrumentation commonly utilized by the Process Development team
- Work cross-functionally with Research, PD, and Manufacturing to identify new opportunities for continuous process/product improvement
- Maintain a high standard of experimentation and record keeping
What you have to offer.
- BS or MS degree in Biology or related discipline and 3-7 years of relevant work experience
- In-depth knowledge and at least 2 years of experience in viral vector process development is required
- Experience with T cell culture, genetic modifications, or process development is highly desired
- Must be flexible in adapting to a variety of responsibilities, work assignments, and priorities
- Experience in technology transfers is a plus
Benefits for you.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, AD&D, STD and LTD Insurance
- HRA & FSA Spending Accounts
- Health & Wellness, including free onsite gym access
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance
- Vacation and Unlimited Sick Time
- Holidays and Floating Holidays, including discretionary winter shutdown
- 401(K) Plan with Significant Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
- Commuting Assistance and free onsite parking
- Discounted Home and Auto Insurance
- Pet Insurance
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?
For those who require assistance due to disability, or have questions prior to applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation or identity, disability, age and other protected statuses as given by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Most important – it’s a match!