Associate Scientist, Molecular Immunology*
- Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Work experience
- Research, development, teaching
Associate Scientist, Molecular Immunology*
Based in Cambridge, MA, BioNTech US serves as BioNTech’s North American headquarters and is an important part of our global effort to pioneer the development of next-generation immuno-oncology therapies. BioNTech US is a fully integrated subsidiary with a strong foundation in Europe and a focus on the development of novel neoantigen-targeted T cell therapies, complementing BioNTech’s highly innovative scientific approach and diversified pipeline of transformative cancer medicines. As a key research and clinical development hub, BioNTech US will enable BioNTech’s growing presence in the US.
We are seeking an innovative, collaborative, and enthusiastic immunologist to be a part of the Molecular Immunology research team. The successful candidate will work within a dynamic and collaborative matrix environment to characterize and further engineer TCRs for use in immuno-oncology and cell therapies. To accomplish these goals, the candidate will be responsible for designing experiments and optimizing assays with the goal of developing, characterizing, and further enhancing lead cell therapy candidates. The candidate will be responsible for the generation of pre-clinical and IND-enabling data to support therapies using these TCRs. This position will interact cross-functionally with the Cell Therapy Unit, Protein Science Department and Bioinformatics to develop and assess the efficacy of our therapies. This position reports to Senior Scientist, Molecular Immunology.
Here, you’ll achieve greatness.
- Collaborate with both internal research teams and external groups/CROs to validate therapy targets.
- Culture and expansion of primary immune cells and cell lines
- Development and optimization of 2D and 3D culture systems to assess T cell functionality and persistence
- Analysis of in vivo disease models using immune assays such as ELISpot and MSD.
- Assessment of specificity and functionality of T cells by multicolor flow cytometry
- Tracking and compiling results in an electronic notebook
- Analysis and presentation of results to internal and external stakeholders.
- Independent, self-motivated, and the ability to work well with others
- Cognitive flexibility and critical thinking
- Ambitious, adaptable, and accountable
- Creative, innovative, and entrepreneurial
What you have to offer.
- Minimum requirements;
- Bachelor's Degree within immunology and/or relevant experience in Immuno-oncology or Cell Therapy with 3 plus years of relevant research experience
- Demonstrated experience designing and conducting standard in vitro immune assays, including ELISpot, Incucyte cytotoxicity assays, MSD, and other immune related assays.
- Strong mastery of multicolor flow cytometry for T cell characterization
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a collaborative environment to meet project goals.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Enjoys solving challenging scientific questions in a fast-paced environment.
Preferred requirements; Master Degree in immunology. Experience in T cell biology and cancer immunotherapy.
Benefits for you.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, AD&D, STD and LTD Insurance
- HSA & FSA Spending Accounts
- Health & Wellness, including free onsite gym access
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance
- Vacation and Unlimited Sick Time
- Holidays and Floating Holidays, including discretionary winter shutdown
- 401(K) Plan with Significant Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
- Commuting Assistance and free onsite parking
- Discounted Home and Auto Insurance
- Pet Insurance
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?
For those who require assistance due to disability, or have questions prior to applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation or identity, disability, age and other protected statuses as given by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Most important – it’s a match!