Associate Scientist, Computational Biology
- Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Work experience
- Research, development, teaching
Associate Scientist, Computational Biology
Based in Cambridge, MA, BioNTech US serves as BioNTech’s North American headquarters and is an important part of our global effort to pioneer the development of next-generation immuno-oncology therapies. BioNTech US is a fully integrated subsidiary with a strong foundation in Europe and a focus on the development of novel neoantigen-targeted T cell therapies, complementing BioNTech’s highly innovative scientific approach and diversified pipeline of transformative cancer medicines. As a key research and clinical development hub, BioNTech US will enable BioNTech’s growing presence in the US.
We seek an innovative, collaborative, and enthusiastic associate scientist to participate in the Computational Biology research team at BioNTech US. Our team aims to understand immune responses in cancer and infectious disease settings and find targets for novel vaccines and therapeutics. A successful candidate will work in a multidisciplinary environment with teams of immunologists and molecular biologists to develop and support pipelines and analyses that help identify and validate targets in immuno-oncology, cell therapy, and infectious diseases. At BioNTech US, we are at the cutting-edge of infectious disease and cancer immunotherapy research.
Here, you’ll achieve greatness.
- Developing and supporting pipelines and analyzing various omics data (scRNA, scTCR, CITE-seq, bulk TCR) to support BioNTech's personalized neoantigen therapies.
- Investigation of new tools and approaches for NGS data analysis
- Support of a data-driven design of mRNA vaccines for infectious diseases
- Collaboration with diverse scientific teams (immunology, proteomics scientists, biochemistry) toward the goal of bringing new targets into the clinic.
- Supporting projects in a multifunctional team setting
What you have to offer.
- Minimum requirements; Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computational biology, bioinformatics, or related fields
- Experience working with and analyzing single-cell omics data, e.g., scRNA-seq, scTCR, and CITEseq
- Experience with genomics data, for example neoantigen prediction, mutation calling, variant allele frequency analysis.
- Proficiency with Python or R
- Experience working in a Linux environment and using cluster computing.
- Experience working in a team environment with scientists of diverse backgrounds.
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Evidence of innovative problem-solving, including the ability to identify and investigate important new research tools independently
- The capacity to develop and iterate on ideas and leverage existing knowledge and methods
- Eagerness to learn about oncology, immunology and infectious diseases
- Flexibility to tackle diverse problems outside one's comfort zone
- Positive and collaborative attitude
- Strong communication and presentation skills; ability to translate and communicate complex computational results for scientists of diverse backgrounds.
Preferred requirements; An understanding of immunology, especially T cell biology, cancer biology, infectious diseases.
Benefits for you.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, AD&D, STD and LTD Insurance
- HSA & FSA Spending Accounts
- Health & Wellness, including free onsite gym access
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance
- Vacation and Unlimited Sick Time
- Holidays and Floating Holidays, including discretionary winter shutdown
- 401(K) Plan with Significant Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
- Commuting Assistance and free onsite parking
- Discounted Home and Auto Insurance
- Pet Insurance
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?
For those who require assistance due to disability, or have questions prior to applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation or identity, disability, age and other protected statuses as given by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Most important – it’s a match!