Associate Process Engineer I*
- Gaithersburg, Maryland
- Work experience
- Research, development, teaching
Associate Process Engineer I*
This position is based in Gaithersburg, MD at our newly formed clinical manufacturing site for BioNTech US. Together with the BioNTech US North American Headquarters in Cambridge, MA, both the Gaithersburg and Cambridge sites are an important part of our global effort to pioneer the development of next-generation immuno-oncology therapies that expects to experience significant growth in the near future. BioNTech US is a subsidiary of BioNTech SE with a strong foundation in Europe and a focus on the development of novel neoantigen-targeted T cell therapies, complementing BioNTech’s highly innovative scientific approach and diversified pipeline of transformative cancer medicines. As a key research and clinical development hub, BioNTech US will enable BioNTech’s growing presence in the US.
Position is located in Gaithersburg, Maryland
BioNTech US is seeking a highly motivated Associate Process Engineer I to join the Process Development team in Gaithersburg. The team’s key goals are to translate research protocols into GMP-compliant closed system processes and to understand the key process parameters that lead to successful GMP production runs. If you are excited about opportunities to work independently and have project ownership, while working on a highly collaborative team to achieve mutual goals, this may be a good role for you. As part of our multi-disciplinary team, you will work closely and collaborate with other scientists in the group, as well as with other members within the research and clinical teams. A big part of your role will include working with new cell processing technologies and closed-system cell culture systems to streamline manufacturing timelines and unit operations.
Here, you’ll achieve greatness.
- Design, develop, characterize and qualify cell production processes (includes cell processing, genetic modification, culture and expansion, harvest, and cryopreservation and stability studies)
- Draft SOPs, reports, and presentations
- Maintain and troubleshoot instrumentation commonly utilized by the process development team
- Collaborate with both internal research teams and external groups to advance translational immunology capabilities
- Transfer developed processes to Clinical Manufacturing Team (including training of manufacturing personnel and review of batch record documentation)
- Analyze and present results within the team and to broader scientific groups
- Maintain a high standard of experimentation and record keeping
- Work productively in a team environment and independently to deliver against timelines
What you have to offer.
- Minimum requirements; BS or MS in Biology or related discipline and 2 plus years of laboratory experience.
- Excellent aseptic technique is required
- Ability to work on multiple projects and prioritize tasks to support pipeline is required
- Ability to independently design, conduct, and report experiments is required
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, and attention to detail are required
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work well with others in a matrix environment is required
- Experience functioning within a multi-disciplinary team and ability to integrate cross-functional information, as well as work independently is required
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required
Benefits for you.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, AD&D, STD and LTD Insurance
- HSA & FSA Spending Accounts
- Health & Wellness, including free onsite gym access
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance
- Vacation and Unlimited Sick Time
- Holidays and Floating Holidays, including discretionary winter shutdown
- 401(K) Plan with Significant Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
- Commuting Assistance and free onsite parking
- Discounted Home and Auto Insurance
- Pet Insurance
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?
For those who require assistance due to disability, or have questions prior to applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation or identity, disability, age and other protected statuses as given by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Most important – it’s a match!