Associate Director, U.S. Corporate & Securities*
- Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Work experience
Associate Director, U.S. Corporate & Securities*
BioNTech US serves as BioNTech’s North American headquarters and is an important part of our global effort to pioneer the development of next-generation immuno-oncology therapies. BioNTech US is a fully integrated subsidiary with a strong foundation in Europe and a focus on the development of novel neoantigen-targeted T cell therapies, complementing BioNTech’s highly innovative scientific approach and diversified pipeline of transformative cancer medicines. As a key research and clinical development hub, BioNTech US will enable BioNTech’s growing presence in the US.
The Associate Director, U.S. Corporate & Securities will be a key member of the BioNTech legal team and will be responsible for managing BioNTech’s compliance with U.S. securities laws in connection with BioNTech’s listing on NASDAQ, and other U.S. corporate governance regulations. This attorney will provide strategic counsel and other general legal and business support. Ideal location for this position is the eastern time zone with a preference for Cambridge, MA.
Here, you’ll achieve greatness.
Corporate Reporting Responsibilities
- Oversee and ensure compliance with obligations under U.S. federal securities laws, NASDAQ rules and regulations, and other U.S. corporate governance rules and regulations, including:
- Preparation and filing of 20-Fs, 6-Ks, and F-3s, including leading and filing all securities documentation.
- Develop and maintain processes and policies to ensure compliance with securities-related regulatory requirements, NASDAQ listing standards, and insider trading rules, including developing and delivering training programs.
- Provide equity compensation program support and advice on executive compensation matters.
- Provide legal support for debt and equity offerings and other transactional corporate matters.
- Advise on U.S. corporate governance matters.
- Provide guidance and support to employees regarding compliance with insider trading laws.
- Support the External Communications and Investor Relations teams to ensure BioNTech’s compliance with U.S. federal securities laws.
- Review presentations, press releases, website materials, brochures, and other company communications (internal and external).
- Generally work closely with the Finance, Corporate Communications, Investor Relations Teams.
- Represent Legal on cross-functional teams, including by demonstrating leadership, identifying legal issues and considerations, evaluating possible options and solutions, and providing recommendations for addressing critical issues so that business and legal objectives are met.
- Proactively identify areas where outside local legal counsel is necessary. Work closely with outside counsel to obtain local legal guidance, and subsequently advise internal business partners.
- Work collaboratively and creatively with internal clients by clearly and effectively rendering practical and timely legal advice on complex issues/concepts.
- Advise on the interpretation of legal documents and applicable laws and regulations in a manner that provides practical legal advice while properly managing risk to the organization.
- Keep informed of new laws, regulations, and industry trends affecting the organization, and assist with development of policies and training as needed.
What you have to offer.
- Active membership and in good standing in a state bar.
- Prior experience in SEC reporting and background in U.S. securities laws.
- 6 plus years prior legal experience in a law firm or in-house counsel role
- Practical, clear, creative and solution-oriented. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Organized, responsible and detail-oriented. Capable of working independently and able to understand and incorporate legal guidance into work product.
- Result-oriented way of working as well as the ability to analyze complex legal issues and problem-solving skills
- Supportive interpersonal team player, talented at collaborating cross-functionally
- Team player with a positive, can-do attitude. High degree of personal ethics, integrity and accountability.
Benefits for you.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, AD&D, STD and LTD Insurance
- HSA & FSA Spending Accounts
- Health & Wellness, including free onsite gym access
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance
- Vacation and Unlimited Sick Time
- Holidays and Floating Holidays, including discretionary winter shutdown
- 401(K) Plan with Significant Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
- Commuting Assistance and free onsite parking
- Discounted Home and Auto Insurance
- Pet Insurance
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?
For those who require assistance due to disability, or have questions prior to applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation or identity, disability, age and other protected statuses as given by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Most important – it’s a match!