(Associate) Director* Translational Scientist, Oncology
Become a member of the BioNTech Family!
- As Associate Director / Director Translational scientist lead in assigned programs, responsible for developing and executing the biomarker strategy from exploratory early studies to ph 2/3 studies with registrational intend, in alignment with clinical development objectives
- Responsible for bridging preclinical experimental data to translational strategies in the assigned programs to deeply integrate the mechanism of action to the clinical development plan (target engagement, pharmacodynamics endpoints, patient selection) and correlate with clinical outcomes
- Providing scientific, technologic and strategic guidance and hands-on contribution to biomarker programs accompanying clinical trials to drive the company´s R&D programs; experience in CDx development is a plus
- Coordinating Biomarker related program activities with internal and external stakeholders and driving integration of services, technologies, and capabilities to ensure reaching of program goals
- Provides state of the art biomarker input in regulatory documents (clinical study reports, IND, BLA documentation)
- Analyzes, interprets and presents clinical biomarker data and draws scientifically valid conclusions that support and enable decision making
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ph.D. or PhD/MD in Immunology, molecular biology, pathology or related discipline with scientific background in Oncology or Immuno-Oncology
- At least two years of clinical development experience as biomarker project lead in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry
- Experienced in bridging preclinical experimental data to translational biomarker strategies to deeply integrate the mechanism of action in the clinical development plan (target engagement, pharmacodynamics endpoints, patient selection) and correlate with clinical outcomes.
- Scientific accomplishments as evidenced by publications in peer reviewed journals and as speaker of conferences.
- Therapeutic knowledge in the areas of oncology and immune-oncology
- Experienced in working within interdisciplinary cross-functional teams with other key development functions (clinical lead, regulatory, biostatistics, operations and clinical pharmacology).
- Experienced with relevant tools and procedures for biomarker assessments (e.g. Bioassays). Experience in companion diagnostics development is a plus.
- A genuine interest and understanding of the science supporting the development programs. Confident to discuss and present scientific and translational aspects of immunotherapy drug development.
- Comfortable in working in a matrix environment (global/cross-functional), including contributing to establishing clarity and structures and driving state of the art collaborations with external academic and industry partners.
Benefits for you
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, AD&D, STD and LTD Insurance
- HRA & FSA Spending Accounts
- Health & Wellness, including free onsite gym access
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance
- Vacation and Unlimited Sick Time
- Holidays and Floating Holidays, including discretionary winter shutdown
- 401(K) Plan with Significant Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
- Commuting Assistance and free onsite parking
- Discounted Home and Auto Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Plus more benefits that will be shared upon hire!
To Apply, EEO and BioNTech Websites
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation or identity, disability, age and other protected statuses as given by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Most important – it’s a match!
BioNTech - As unique as you