Associate Director* Publications Oncology
Become a member of the BioNTech Family!
We aim to reduce the suffering of people with life-changing therapies by harnessing the potential of the immune system to develop novel therapies against cancer and infectious diseases. While doing so, we are guided by our three company values: united, innovative, passionate. Get in touch with us if you are looking to be a part of creating hope for a healthy future in many people's lives.
Associate Director* Publications Oncology
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Drive the execution of publication tactics including key congress activities and the development of scientific platforms, in accordance with company policies and procedures as well as good publication practices
- Write/edit/manage publications (e.g., original articles, presentations, posters, and abstracts)
- Coordinate the publication storyline definition, writing, review, and approval processes
- Coordinate the submission and post-submission updating processes
- Coordinate internal and external writers drafting publications
- Manage external agency partners to ensure accuracy of publication plan and publication deliverables with respect to time, quality, and cost, tracking the publication process and ensuring documentation of drafts, author comments and their implementation, and medical & legal reviews/approvals
- Coordinate development of a portfolio publication plan, collaborating with internal and external subject matter experts to develop scientific communication tactics and content development, ensuring that strategic publication plans are aligned with knowledge gaps, medical strategies and objectives
- Demonstrate a strong knowledge of the therapeutic landscape, keeping up to date with the disease area through surveillance of the medical and scientific literature
- Provide training and guidance on good writing practices and good publication practices
- Working with a graphics team to deliver high-quality figures for publications
What you have to offer.
- Advanced degree in a related scientific discipline or medical degree (e.g. PharmD, PhD, MD)
- Strong therapeutic knowledge in (immune)oncology and a good understanding of the drug development process
- 5+ years of medical communications experience in a biotech or pharmaceutical company and/or a medical communications company as a publication manager/writer
- The Certified Medical Publication Professional certification would be an advantage, or you intend to pursue this certification
- Ideally you have proven experience with a global publications database management system
- Excellent leadership and project management skills to deliver in a complex multidisciplinary organization
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with internal and external subject matter experts, investigators, and journal editors
- Ability to effectively manage multiple stakeholders and projects
- Ability to understand and adhere to good publication practices and relevant guidelines on and scientific data communication, such as ICMJE and GPP3 as well as company policies and SOPs
- A proactive ‘can do’ attitude with the ability to work according to tight timelines while delivering excellence
- Excellent project management and time management skills, and interpersonal skills
- Expert skills in MS Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), ideally also knowledge of applications for graphics generation/editing, editorial checks, and reference management
Benefits for you.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Company Bike
- Leave Account
- Fitness Courses
- Mobile Office
- Special Vacation
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?
If you have any further questions, our Talent Acquisition Team will be happy to answer them on + 49 (0) 6131-9084-1291 (monday-friday, from 12 noon to 4 pm).
Job-ID 7640 (please indicate for inquiries)
We look forward to your application!
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation or identity, disability, age and other protected statuses as given by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Most important – it’s a match!
BioNTech - As unique as you