(Associate) Director* Human Resources
- BioNTech Careers
- Manager First Level
- Human Resources
We are a global immunotherapy company. Our 3,000+ colleagues globally are committed to improving the health of people worldwide with our fundamental research utilizing the full potential of the immune system to fight cancer, infectious diseases and other serious diseases. We leveraged our mRNA technology to develop a COVID-19 vaccine which became the first mRNA drug approved for human use.
What we do with the BioNTainers:
We want to improve healthcare by making our innovations accessible worldwide. Therefore, we developed the first modular mRNA-manufacturing facilities based on a container solution called “BioNTainers”. The aim is to build a regional manufacturing network in Africa, with Africa, for Africa.
Why we need you:
The BioNTainers will be equipped to produce a range of mRNA-based vaccines targeted towards the needs of African Union member states. You will become part of the regional staffing team, driving the establishment of the regional African end-to-end mRNA manufacturing network.
(Associate) Director* Human Resources
You will be responsible for planning, directing, implementing and administrating all local HR ac-tivities to assure the efficient setup of organization in Rwanda. At the same time, you will ensure legal compliance of all HR matters.
You will be a member of the International HR team and a key contributor to international HR pro-jects.
Working in close partnership with local and global leaders, stakeholders, key client groups and Corporate HR you will support the organisation and our employee’s current and future growth, ensuring best performance in order to achieve such business strategies.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Plan and execute day-to-day HR operation for the organization in Rwanda, in line with global HR objectives and frameworks as well as local practice and legal requirements
- Work as senior consultant for people related topics for global and local management team translating business needs into people and organisational requirements and associated work programmes.
- Collaborate with the global HR teams to create innovative HR solutions. Provide feedback to the global HR Teams about HR solutions effectiveness – including management reporting.
- Identify and develop the organisational capabilities required to support the global HR business strategy.
- Maintains knowledge of HR trends, best practices, regulatory changes.
- Act as an advisor on issues related to strategy execution and change, talent acquisition, talent development, talent management, organisation development, employee engagement and feedback, diversity and inclusion, performance management, employee relations and internal communications.
- Track and report staffing, retention, attrition and other necessary data to line management; and recommending programmes and/or enhancements if necessary.
- Develop the leadership and manage the talent pipeline in the area, act as a coach to managers in relation to people management. Support all HR processes and services, including any required changes and ensure successful deployment in client groups.
- Support M&A activities, if required.
- Analyze, investigate, manage and resolve business and people related issues.
- Support culture change in partnership with the business leadership.
- Ensure a learning organisational culture, sponsor people development and manage the training budget.
- Build a strong and positive local team culture aligned with global BioNTech culture and values.
- Implement initiatives at a local/business level and support the specific communications and engagement activities.
- Ensure compliance with local legislation and regulatory requirements.
What you have to offer
- MSc Degree (HRM, Business or Organisational Psychology, Organisational Development, Law).
- Additional formal education in HR or MBA.
- Coaching certification (desirable)
- Psychometric testing (desirable)
- 8-10+ years relevant experience in HR, manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of current local labor laws and regulations (e.g., Employment Act, Retirement & Re-employment Act).
- Demonstrable track record in working within a similar level HR Management role in a manufacturing / production environment or highly regulated landscape.
- Cross-country project management experience and being part of an HR international network and leadership team.
- Experience working in a high growth, fast paced, changing environment preferred –namely operating across Rwanda.
- Good written and verbal English proficiency (essential)
- French (desirable)
- Leading & developing people
- Performance management
- Conflict resolution
- Results orientated
- Sound judgement & decision making
- Leading change
- Communicating and building coalitions
- Good interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Ability to switch between day-to-day hands-on operational work and big picture
- thought leadership / HR strategy.
- Comfortable working with complexity & ambiguity (typical of a start-up or grass roots environment)
Benefits & Compensation
How to apply
- Only applications sent via our online form shall be considered.
- Only Candidates with the right qualifications and relevant experience shall be shortlisted and
- Incomplete applications shall be rejected.
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation or identity, disability, age and other protected statuses as given by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Most important – it’s a match!