Associate Director/ Director of Strategy & Portfolio Management *
- Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Work experience
- Project Management, Product Management
Associate Director/ Director of Strategy and Portfolio Management * (2 positions)
Based in Cambridge, MA, BioNTech US serves as BioNTech’s North American headquarters and is an important part of our global effort to pioneer the development of next-generation immuno-oncology therapies. BioNTech US is a fully integrated subsidiary with a strong foundation in Europe and a focus on the development of novel neoantigen-targeted T cell therapies, complementing BioNTech’s highly innovative scientific approach and diversified pipeline of transformative cancer medicines. As a key research and clinical development hub, BioNTech US will enable BioNTech’s growing presence in the US. We have two open positions for;
The Director's of Strategy and Portfolio Management will work with cross-functional teams to develop long-term and short-term strategy development implement growth strategies for our portfolio ranging from key investment decisions, disease area strategies, indication prioritization, and corporate development initiatives. In this position you will work collaboratively with colleagues across BioNTech to plan and develop a unified growth vision; helping articulate the areas of focus, as well as designing strategies that enable success. The Director must have an ability to develop frameworks and solve problems across a variety of areas, each of which will have a significant impact on the long-term success of the organization. Strong scientific backgrounds and strategic thinking skills are crucial for the success of the role.
Here, you’ll achieve greatness.
- Guide team through Strategy Process
- Breakdown the problem
- Organize/Lead workstreams to solve
- Facilitate the strategic planning process for BioNTech working with cross-functional leadership
- Lead competitive analysis, drawing insights and implications for the business.
- Identify, define, and articulate industry, market, and emerging trends and how they may affective.
- Support the analysis of market and competitive dynamics as part of M&A diligences
- Utilize project management, analytical and decision support skills to lead ‘special projects’ that advance key strategic priorities for specific opportunities.
- Drive translation of strategy to portfolio planning and provide direction for investment priorities.
What you have to offer.
- Minimum requirements; 6 plus years of experience in Biotech and/or Pharmaceutical industry, experience in consultancy position.
- Experience (minimum 2 years) in program management
- Experience (minimum 2 years) in strategy development
- Ability to work with agility, taking multi-faceted approaches to transfer knowledge and know-how, and form teams for follow-through and Analysis and fact-based decision-making
- Financial acumen, with an ability to evaluate budgets accounting, business case development
- Entrepreneurial behavior, capable to create/optimize opportunities and resources
- Outstanding collaboration, communication and people skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
- Strong scientific background and understanding of drug discovery is critical
- Working with data and/or a science research/ bio-pharmaceutical environment
Benefits for you.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, AD&D, STD and LTD Insurance
- HSA & FSA Spending Accounts
- Health & Wellness, including free onsite gym access
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance
- Vacation and Unlimited Sick Time
- Holidays and Floating Holidays, including discretionary winter shutdown
- 401(K) Plan with Significant Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
- Commuting Assistance and free onsite parking
- Discounted Home and Auto Insurance
- Pet Insurance
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?
For those who require assistance due to disability, or have questions prior to applying, please email email@example.com.
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation or identity, disability, age and other protected statuses as given by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Most important – it’s a match!