Associate Director* Customer Service
Become a member of the BioNTech Family!
We aim to reduce the suffering of people with life-changing therapies by harnessing the potential of the immune system to develop novel therapies against cancer and infectious diseases. While doing so, we are guided by our three company values: united, innovative, passionate. Get in touch with us if you are looking to be a part of creating hope for a healthy future in many people's lives.
Associate Director* Customer Service
Welcome to the exciting world of Customer Strategy! Our vision is not only to become the leading global biotechnology company for individualized cancer medicine, but set also the future standard, on how HCPs [Healthcare professionals], HCCs [Healthcare consumers] and HCDs [Healthcare decision makers] are engaged, informed and empowered worldwide, so they can collaborate better to improve clinical outcomes and population health. We believe that our stringed approach to personalized and individualized medicines can be also translated to create the customer engagement engine of the future for both individualized and off-the-shelf technologies– applying the latest approaches in Data Science & advanced Analytics, enabling and integrating the most efficient and sophisticated landscape of channel and capabilities, developing a lean and scalable operating model, while focusing on the mindset transformation of our employees and having sustainability at the heart of our thinking. We will automate what can be automated and want to ensure, we use the human capital of our employees to focus on the most complex problems to solve. AI [Artificial Intelligence], Robotic automation and Machine learning are imperative building blocks of our future commercial organization.
With the development and launch of our mRNA based vaccine BNT162b2 against COVID-19, BioNTech has established the commercial operations in Germany for the infectious disease business. We are committed to adapt to the changing situations and to heal more diseases with a mRNA based solution.
As Associate Director* Customer Service, with focus on the German market, you will be a key member of the commercial team and responsible to ensure best in class customer experience with regards to BioNTech’s first level service. Therefore, this function will lead the external customer service provider in close collaboration with e.g., medical information, investor relation, corporate communication, medical affairs, and further departments. This role reports directly to the Associate Director Marketing.
- Ensure best in class and fully data driven customer experience across service channels
- Fully accountable for translation of overarching BioNTech’s commercial strategy into the commercial customer services strategy incl. topics as make or buy decision for customer services, customer service process, policies, procedures, SLAs and standards
- Ownership of governance and operational management for internal services teams and external service partners
- Set clear targets and ensure follow-up to steer operational performance management incl. definition of partner performance, measurability and reporting, continuous measurement, and operational management
- Drive continuous improvement projects for customer service processes, policies, procedures to create magic moments, exceed customer satisfaction and quality objectives
- Continuous improvement of internal expert knowledge on customer service developments, market trends and benchmarking through participation in relevant events as well as active use of specific industry networks
- Monitor customer services budgets and results, including preparation of management reports
What you have to offer.
- University degree with at least 5 years of professional experience in a customer service, partner management or service center / outsourcing environment
- Expert knowledge around trends, technology, process, and industry standards for customer services
- Proven track record in managing outsourced service projects, incl. business management of outsourced service contracts
- High personal flexibility, proactive in complex situations with ability to act independently on all levels
- Ideally several years of experience in the life science & healthcare or pharmaceutical industry
- Knowledge of customer contact center software like Talkdesk/Zendesk is a plus
- Fast analytic thinker with strong communication and presentation skills
- Team player with customer experience, sales, and quality orientation
- Very fluent in German and English
Benefits for you.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Company Bike
- Leave Account
- Fitness Courses
- Mobile Office
- Special Vacation
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?
If you have any further questions, our Talent Acquisition Team will be happy to answer them on + 49 (0) 6131-9084-1291 (monday-friday, from 12 noon to 4 pm).
Job-ID 7088 (please indicate for inquiries)
We look forward to your application!
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation or identity, disability, age and other protected statuses as given by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Most important – it’s a match!
BioNTech - As unique as you